Wednesday, October 5, 2011

"Tiddly Trinkets"... How It All Got Started

Pin It!
I am a wife.  I am a soon-to-be-mother.  I stay at home.  I was looking for a way to provide some income to our family. My first attempt at doing this was becoming a consultant for a pyramid company.  I love the products, but I realize I'm not an "in-person sales woman".  I can talk up the products when someone else is selling them because I do believe in them, but I didn't want people to feel like I was pushing them into something.  So I got thinking...

I love stuff.  I especially love making stuff.  Maybe it's just me... but I really just don't think so.  Maybe I could sell "Tiddly Trinkets" online.  So I started this blog and let it sit while I thought about what I might sell.  I made some really cute hair things and a couple of cute baby boy neck ties... maybe I could sell those.  Maybe I could also sell some home decor and some tiddly trinkets for mommies as well.  However, I then realized I'm not proficient enough to make the time worth while.  I'm simply a do-it-yourself-er.  And then I realized, I'm definitely not the only one.  I decided I wouldn't be able to sell these DIY projects to make any real profit.  Why couldn't I just share what I find on the internet and share what I come up with myself?  So that's what I will hopefully be able to do. 

DIY has become one of my biggest obsessions currently.  Taking finds from the dollar store or from clearance racks and turning them into something unique, fun, cute, beautiful, or useful is something that I simply love.  *It's important to note: DOLLAR STORE and CLEARANCE RACKS*  Doing DIY projects on a budget is key.  My goal is to find things for cheap that I can make-over and use in my house.  Although readers may not want to do the exact projects that I do, and perhaps they will have more money to spend on projects, or some will find cheaper ways to accomplish a similar end, my ultimate goal is to inspire people to have fun and find new ways to make their house a home.  

As of yet, I still have not found a way to bring in extra income while still staying at home, but at this point my husband and I are both okay with that.  I am less than 6 weeks away from my due date, and our goal at this point is to deliver a healthy baby in God's timing.  We trust that He will continue to sustain us like has has so faithfully up until now.  We want to grow our daughter up in a way that is worthy of the gospel.  And I want to keep enjoying the creativity that God has given me. :)   Hopefully I will be able to share some step-by-step instructions for projects and recipes and few completed projects that will inspire creativity in you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment