Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Day 1, October 22, 2012

Pin It!

Menu

Breakfast: 
1 egg with red peppers and onions cooked in coconut oil with a dash of hot sauce. 

Snack:
Small handful of almonds

Lunch: 
Lemony-pepper chicken
A side of butternut squash cooked in coconut oil and salt and pepper
A small side of unsweetened applesauce

Snack: 
6 dry roasted macadamia nuts

Dinner:  
with avocado and slivered almonds added on top

Snack: 
1/4 c. pumpkin with 1 T. coconut oil and a dash of mixed spices topped with coconut milk
7 macadamia nuts
pickles (something I craved all throughout both pregnancies so far... at least I haven't decided to drink the pickle juice this pregnancy.  That was something I couldn't get enough of with the first go around.)
1/2 apple

[Note: unless otherwise specified, I drink water at every meal and throughout the day.  I don't drink much else.]

How I Felt

Throughout the day, I felt like I had a pretty good amount of energy.  I was hungry and I know I didn't eat big enough portions at meal time, but looking at the fact that my snacks weren't ever THAT huge, I didn't do too badly.  I hit an energy wall at about 3 in the afternoon.  I had a very minor headache that hit around dinner time.  Otherwise, I felt great. 



No comments:

Post a Comment