Thursday, January 12, 2012

Baby Dress

Pin It!
When you have a little girl, you just have to dress her up in dresses, right?  {Not every day... but I definitely love dressing her up.} She had a few dresses that I got as shower gifts.  A couple already fit her, but not too many.  We also bought her a cute little dress from Target; but I really wanted to make Kaylee a dress.  {NOTE: I am by no means a seamstress.  I am a VERY recently self-taught hobby sewer.}

I had a sweater that I shrunk (on accident).  It's one of those sweaters that has a fake shirt sewn into it.  I decided that it would be super cute to make a dress out of that.  

Shrunken Sweater
Dress from Target

The first thing that I did was trace the dress onto paper (each individual section with a little each for seam allowance).  Then I separated the sweater from the fake shirt with a seam ripper.


I cut out the skirt part of the dress from the sweater.

Front

The top part of the dress I cut from the sleeves of the fake shirt.

back

Here are all of the pieces laid out ready to sew. 



The dress isn't perfect, but oh well. 


Here it is on the little cutie. 


I put a long sleeve onesie on underneath because it was kind of chilly. She's so cute. :)


Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment