Leftover baked sweet potatoes are wonderful. They are so versatile. Here are just a few ways that you can use leftover sweet potatoes. (I'm sure these ideas would work for regular baked potatoes as well.)
1) Eat them as a baked sweet potato again This one seems kind of boring... so let's make the rest of them a little more fun.
2) Twice baked sweet potatoes (check out this yummy recipe!)
3) Make crispy baked potato bites Simply cut them into bite-sized pieces, smash them down, drizzle with olive oil and either sweet or savory spice/herb blends and make something similar to these wonderful bites.
4) Mashed Sweet potatoes Scoop the potato out of the peel and add a sweet or savory twist.
5) Use them as a topping for Shepherd's Pie A good fix for some much wanted and needed comfort food on a brisk day
6) Omlet filler Chop it up and throw it inside an omelet along with any other leftover veggies you have.
7) Sweet potato empanadas (Paleo Empanada Pastry Recipe, Filling Recipe which is easily adaptable for Paleo)
8) Add to an already cooked up beef stew or soup Adds another flavor to the soup. Leave them as chunks, or mash 'em up to use as a soup thickener.
9) Sweet potato pancakes like these!
10) Pan Fried Sweet Potato Dollars:
cooked sweet potatoes
olive oil or coconut oil
salt/pepper or cinnamon and nutmeg
cayenne pepper (optional)
Cut the leftover baked sweet potatoes into 1/8" to 1/4" slices. Take off peel if you wish, but it's not necessary.
Heat a pan with oil (just coating the bottom evenly) to med. to med-high heat. Place potatoes in a single layer in the pan. Sprinkle with either salt and pepper or cinnamon and nutmeg (just SPRINKLE) depending on whether you would like more of a savory sweet potato or sweet sweet potato in the end. Add a TINY dash or cayenne pepper over the potatoes if you would like a little kick. YES! Even with the sweet ones.
Once the potatoes are golden brown on the bottom, flip each one and let it cook to perfection.
YUM! This makes a great side to go along with your eggs in the morning. It also would be great paired with pork medallions or a chicken dish! I suppose you could eat these alongside pretty much any meat and veggie! SO TASTY!