Thursday, November 15, 2012

Day 25, November 15, 2012

Pin It!
I may be making a terrible decision here.  If I am, please don't judge me.  I'm trying to do the best thing for MY body that I can.  Let me explain.

First, to give you a little bit of a background on this before reading on, please read MY Paleo Philosophy.

November 22, 2012 is Thanksgiving Day.  I LOVE Thanksgiving.  (I think it is often far too overlooked, but that's another story.)  I also LOVE enjoying SAD "Thanksgiving foods" like pumpkin pie and pecan pie, mashed potatoes, Honey Baked Ham, etc.  This Thanksgiving will land on Day 32 of my Whole30 challenge.  Let me say, heading into this time of the year Whole30 has definitely been a challenge.  It is seriously the ONE time all year long that I actually want to eat sweets more than a couple of times a week.  The main reason for that is that I love baking those said treats.  However, I haven't baked so far up to this point.  (Segway... let's get back on track.)  I am going to wait until Day 32 to start my reintroduction phase, starting with dairy.  I know that a lot of times with the reintroduction foods, sugar (whether in the form of sugar, maple or honey) is also reintroduced at the same time.  What if SUGAR is my trigger food?  How would I know if, on Thanksgiving, dairy or sugar caused my headaches the next day.  So... here comes my decision.  I'm giving leeway on my Whole30 journey.  I'm having a bit of "concentrated" sugar (more than just fruits) each day for the next few days to see how I react... everything else in check.  Then day 30 and 31 will be clean.  Very clean. Then Day 32 comes and I can evaluate dairy more fairly.  DO I KNOW that I get migraines with sugar?  Then perhaps I'll have to skip the pumpkin pie (sad day) this year and have my dairy in the form of cheese and/or a glass of milk instead.  That way I will KNOW if dairy is the cause or not instead of wondering whether it really was the dairy or was it the sugar? It makes sense to me.  It makes sense to my husband (or at least he gave the "right" answer and said it did.)  So that's what I'm going to try.  Is it a terrible idea?  Perhaps.  But that's what I'm going to do.  So I'm not REALLY asking your opinion. : ) 

Menu

Breakfast: 
Huevos

Snack:
none

Lunch: 
Meatloaf Skillet-- and it's GONE!  (It was tasty, but I was pretty over it after having it so much)

Snack: 
a Paleo Samoa (the size of a quarter, but 1/4" thick)

Dinner:  
Balsamic Tomato Chicken Bake.  This was really good.  The ONLY problem I had with it was that my 1-year-old, who usually will not eat chicken unless it's falling apart shredded in soup, ate an entire chicken tender, probably more.  I made 4 (2 for each of us).  So my hubby and I were both kind of hungry still after dinner.  However, we went for a walk right after dinner, so it was probably good.

Snack: 
I didn't have any meat thawed, so I had to figure out another snack and I didn't want an egg.  I had nuts, olives, a pickle and Rooibos Tea (homemade blend of spices added).

[Note: unless otherwise specified, I drink water at every meal and throughout the day.  I don't drink much else.]

How I Felt

It was SUCH a good day.  I'll leave it at that.  No need to say more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment