Thursday, October 20, 2011

Menu Board.

Pin It!
Well, here I am again... finally.  I forgot to take pictures of this along the way, but it's super easy so I don't think the step by steps are really all that necessary.


How I Made It

Items:

Picture frame
Hot Glue and Glue Gun
Ribbon
Days of the Week, "Menu" and Quote-- Printed and Cut Out
Tape
Scrapbook Paper cut to fit the inside of the frame
Dry Erase Marker
1 Set of Velcro Dots

Steps:

1.  Take the back off the picture frame.  (I put a thin line of hot glue all the way around the inside edge to keep the glass from falling out.)
2.  Glue the ribbon to the inside edges of the frame.
3.  Place the words where you wish to have them, slipping them between the glass and the ribbon.  Tape them in place.
4.  Slip the scrapbook paper into the back of the frame.  Mine was snug enough it didn't need any glue, but if you find it loose, glue in the corners.  
5.  Put one side of the velcro onto the board and the other on the marker.  

Cost:

I had everything on hand, so I didn't spend anything {extra}.  This could EASILY be done for less than $5, but you could spend a lot more if you wanted to. 

And it's finished.  

I love it because if I write out the meals at the beginning of the week, I know exactly what groceries I will need to get and my husband can know what to expect for dinner.  I also give him a chance to choose/veto the meals before I go grocery shopping.







No comments:

Post a Comment