Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Joann Fabric's Remnants

Pin It!
This week I have wanted to be able to sew at least one more thing before Kaylee comes.  This is mostly due to the fact that I just picked up sewing* and after she's here I may or may not have much time to sew and still keep up on other things and figure out how to take care of a baby.  I'm guessing that I probably won't have much time to sew.

So, with the hopes of a couple more projects in mind (not knowing EXACTLY what those projects might be) I have been raiding the Joann Fabric remnants.  Now that I have quite a few colors and textures, I know that I will be able to do quite a few things with it.  (We'll just see if I have the TIME to do quite a few things.)

* I have only made 4 things before these project... 2 baby boy ties and 1 baby boy bow tie and I added ruffles to a t-shirt.

Well, I didn't really take a lot of pictures for the steps for these projects--mostly because I am still learning the whole sewing process myself, so it's kind of a trial and error type deal.  Overall I was very pleased with the results.

Sewing Project #5: Boppy Cover 

Tutorial can be found here.



The tutorial was super easy to follow.

*A few tips and changes for next time*
~ Add about 1/4" all the way around the pattern.  It's SUPER snug on my boppy and I tried to sew it relatively close to the edges. 
~ On the back with the velcro/zipper, perhaps add another half an inch to one of the sides.  
~ I had to use 5 small pieces of velcro in order for it to look nice while it's shut.  

Overall, I REALLY like it.  It was MUCH cheaper than buying a new cover at the store.  We just bought one (I like it, want to have 2, and so I will keep it) for $25.  They run anywhere from $15 to $30.   

Sewing Project #6: Little Elephant

I made this elephant out of scraps from the boppy cover (and a couple of other scraps I had laying around).


Next time I will definitely put fewer ribbon tags on it.  For the most part it's fun. 
 The back side is the pink fleece.

Well, that's all for now.  I'm thinking my next post might just be a bunch of random finished things I have done that will maybe inspire you to do your own thing. No step-by-steps, but sometimes that's can be better anyways.  


No comments:

Post a Comment