Thursday, December 29, 2011

Random Bits of Craftiness

Pin It!
Well, here I am again.  I had all these aspirations of writing a full blog/creating a tutorial on some of these projects and for the rest of them figuring out creative ways to inspire you.  However, I don't think that's going to happen.  Plus a lot of them don't need any extra explanation at all... so here are a few bits of my crafty life.

Lighthouse Collage: 


 I used cheap(ish) frames and pictures that I took or got
 online and put them in the downstairs bathroom.

Fruit Basket to Toiletry Storage:


I no longer used the fruit basket in the kitchen because we hung more cabinets up, so I hung it in the downstairs bathroom.  It has Colgate Whisps, washcloths, Band-Aids, Neosporin, cotton balls, floss, and other things that are handy like that.

Menu Board: 


It's all the rage on Pinterest.  Haha, jk.  But seriously easy.
 Picture frame, ribbon, scrapbook paper, dry erase marker. Done.

Diaper Cake:


So much fun and easy to do.  Rubberband rolled up diapers and build them into tiers around 1 lg and 1 small baby bottle in the middle.  (6 diapers on top, 12 middle, and 18-21 bottom)  Fill with little gifts. 

Book Pages Wreath:


Wreath form, book, and lots of hot glue.  I purchased all of the supplies at the Dollar Tree.

Collage for Kaylee:


This was inspired by a down comforter given to me by my grandma before she died.  It was lavender with white flowers on one side, sage on the other.  I decided to use it in Kaylee's room, so I made this to go with it.  I added the other colors to brighten it up a little. 

Fruit Bouquet: 


I decided to make one instead of buying the expensive kind. They really aren't hard to make.  Use a cookie cutter to make the pineapple, watermelon, and cantaloupe flowers and a melon baller to do the rest. Place on skewers and then insert into a floral arrangement foam in a basket. 


Those are just a few things that I have done in the past.  
I know... they aren't the most original ideas, but they were fun.






No comments:

Post a Comment