Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Day 10, October 31, 2012

Pin It!
It's day 10 already??? I feel like I just started and I'm already 1/3 of the way there.  I love menu planning... I always have, but it's fun knowing that my plans are making me healthy instead of having casserole after casserole on the menu.  I'm pretty sure I have enough recipes that I want to try (along with throwing a few of my own "creations" in there) that I wouldn't have to eat a single meal twice for at LEAST a couple of months.  Not saying that I'll do that, because repeats are always good too.  I'm just saying that there are LOTS and LOTS of things that I could eat and not get tired of it.

My latest dilema has been thinking about Thanksgiving.  I'm pretty sure my in-laws always do a simple Turkey (and maybe another meat too... not sure).  I'm choosing not to be strict about potatoes on that day, and it just so happens that dairy products are being introduced that day, so if they put milk or cream in the potatoes, that's just dandy.  If not, I'll have my dairy another way that day or have my dairy day the next day. They aren't big into the green bean casserole thing, and usually have broccoli and green beans that have been steamed.  I'm good there.  I ALWAYS love stuffing for Thanksgiving.  I think I'm probably going to fix this stuffing.  I will offer to make the cranberry sauce because they always do the canned stuff anyways.  (IF they want the stiff canned stuff too, they can, but I think this sounds delish.)   I'm looking at an assortment of desserts and pinning a ton that actually look good and remind me of fond memories of Thanksgivings past... I just have to choose which one I want to make.  Do I want to attempt an pecan pie? Pumpkin pie? Apple pie? (I realized I'd have to make some substitutions probably... and I'd try this pie crust or this pie crust)  It probably wouldn't be wise to make ALL THREE... but who knows, maybe I'll make mini pies (LIKE SUPER TINY) and and a bit of each one... then I can also enjoy the leftover pie with the leftover T-day meal like in years past.  It's the holidays, after all... I can treat myself a little more than normal, right?

I think I've been thinking about Thanksgiving so much, because, as you know, it's Halloween.  I don't really like Halloween all that much.  I mean it's fine.  Dress up.  Have your fun. Get all the sweet candy that's awful for you.  (I DO like Reformation Day.)  However, I could probably skip over Halloween completely and never miss it and go straight for Thanksgiving.  Oh how I love Thanksgiving.  And what a wonderful holiday to proceed Christmas. *LOVE*

Anyways... enough of my holiday rambling.  Here is what I've eaten today:

Menu

Breakfast: 

Plain Ol' Scrambled Eggs
Suateed Zucchini and onion

Snack:

Macadamia nuts
Apples with Almond Butter

Lunch: 

Guacamole Burger Salad (still had some meat left from yesterday and it was so tasty... why not?)

Snack: 

Dinner:  
Herb Crusted Pork Rib Roast
Brussel Sprouts
Asparagus Soup
Red Pair (SUPER ripe--needed to be eaten and enjoyed)


Snack: 

[Note: unless otherwise specified, I drink water at every meal and throughout the day.  I don't drink much else.]

How I Felt

Woke up still feeling with mild cold-like symptoms, but still higher energy than what I'd normally have with a cold.  By the way, this cold didn't hit me as hard as they usually do.  Went for a walk this morning (again finally!!!).  It was SO nice outside.  Doctor's appt. today with my initial Meet-the-Doctor visit with a new primary care physician went SO WELL.  She was really on board with the fact that I was trying dietary changes to help my issues decrease (which they have dramatically over the last couple of weeks).  I was pleased that she still wanted to order some blood work so that she could eliminate possible issues concerning thyroid and autoimmune health, as well as confirming that I don't have Celiac Disease--which is highly unlikely.  I love she wants to pursue the information.  She said that she really hopes that all of the tests come back negative so that I'll be able to have complete control over my health just using dietary measures, but that maybe I'll still be able to enjoy certain treats EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE.  

Oh and by the way, I'm pretty sure this is the first Halloween ever that I didn't have 1 single piece of candy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment