Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Day 8, October 29, 2012

Pin It!

Menu

Breakfast: 
Spinach, onion, egg scramble cooked in olive oil 

Snack:

A few macadamia nuts

Lunch: 

Beef Soup (still leftover) and a nice salad with celery and carrots, nuts, and oil/vinegar dressing

Snack: 

I don't believe I had a snack.

Dinner:  

Spinach and Bacon Chicken rolls

Asparagus (marinated in coconut aminos, lime juice, salt, pepper, and olive oil, then cooked on the George Foreman Grill.)

Lettuce Salad with a few orange pieces and pomegranate on it

Baked "nectarines" with cinnamon (I bought a bag of them because they were pretty cheap and looked nice... after I took them out of the bag they had fuzz on them... like peach fuzz not mold.  I'm pretty sure I got a bag of peaches.

Snack: 

A few tostones that I made after dinner.  Not very many... just tried them while I was making the batch (twice fried plantains... I used coconut oil)

[Note: unless otherwise specified, I drink water at every meal and throughout the day.  I don't drink much else.]

How I Felt

I caught my baby girl's cold. :(  Sinus headache and sore throat.  My mom came over and helped me straighten my house.  I was able to rest this afternoon.  No huge headaches, which was nice.  They had lots of nice fruit at the store, so I've been eating a little more of that this week than I did last week.  However, I've also been trying to up my portions of green veggies as well.  I'm really not a dessert junky.  I promise.  Even before I started this whole thing, we just didn't really have sweets around.  I was more the "eat-a-whole-bag-of-potato-chips-in-one-or-two-sittings" type girl.  Not a sweet tooth really.  The up in fruit hasn't seemed to cause any issues.

Also, really good news that baby girl (who is almost 1!) ate everything that we ate for dinner... no fighting it (except that she'd only eat it from Dad and not me).  That's ok. I can live with that. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment